Dienstag, 16. Juni 2015

1001 Nights of Fanar

Hello everyone~

We had a "Southlands"(Südlande)-game in march, where I played the role of a high class courtesan. And even though I have quite a lot of oriental looking costumes, I didn't have anything to suit this character. She's supposed to be very sexy, but still classy and luxurious ;)

Sooo I looked at some bellydancing costumes as inspiration, bought fabrics and trims and then started to improvise a costume.. ;)


I used an old bra as base for the top - made a pattern with tape, transferred everything onto the fabric an sewed it together. The top has 3 layers, 2 of the turquoise/blue fabric and one layer of loden inbetween for a bit of stability. Same for the waistband of the pants.
The pants are basically just 2 big rectangles gathered at the top and the feet.They are open at the sides, so you see the leg when walking - which makes them a bit more revealing ;)

Then everything was pimped with trims and beads. I did quite a lot of hand-stiching and suprisingly enjoyed it^^. Sadly I don't have pictures of wearing the costume - I combined it with a long dark wig, heavy make-up and a whole lot of jewelery.


Making a tape-pattern


Transferring everything onto the fabric.



The base of the top.


I sewed 2 colours of sheer fabric together.

Pinned the pleats.



A simple closure with elastic band and a button.


Everything assembled, but still rather plain.

The back.
And that's how it looked all done :)
Here you see the wig and make-up :) I also wore light brown contactlenses.

I also made arm cuffs, because the trim on the bra is sadly a bit scartchy on the arms. Maybe I'll change that part before the next use. As I'm going to play the character again in August, there will be some additions and changes to the costume.

I'll also try to catch up on some other projects from last year :)

Thanx for reading!

- Clockwork


Kommentare:

  1. Antworten
    1. Danke <3!
      Es hätte ja noch viel mehr Bling sein sollen, aber dafür hat die Zeit dann nicht mehr ganz gereicht :)

      Löschen
    2. Das sieht so super aus! *_*

      Löschen