Dienstag, 12. August 2014

Masks

Hello everyone!

Long time no update, but here we go with one big and one little project :)


First: Bodypaintingfestival 2014!
The topic was "Pop Art - The art of popular culture"
I participated in the Special Effects Facepainting Category on Friday.

Here we go with some WIP-pictures~

Plaster-head of my model

unfortunately the plaster wasn't dry enough, so the whole sealing-paint came off again...

nontheless I had to start sculpting

Very rough sculpting to get the overall shape of the design


And then comes detailing and smoothing


looks good so far :)


here we go, right before mold-making


I wanted to make a two-piece plaster mold..

but that just didn't work out..

in the meantime, while everything dried, I started with the costume

dots everywhere!


And that's what it looked like after painting it~

Well, that's what the mold looked like...

Plan B, Latex and Plaster-mold

Messy workspace..
 And here we go with the result after 4 hours of applying and painting the whole thing :)

Official Jury-photo

Photo (c) Christoph Kalteis

Photo (c) Günter Flöck

Photo (c) Janis Möckelmann

Photo (c) Jochen van Zeeland

 
Foto (c) Michael Heinze
We made the 7th place in the ranking^^


Another little project a did for my dear friend Stefan from "Fuck Yeah Basteln!". He asked me to make 2 antique theater masks for a perfomance they'll have at the Epic Empires LARP in Germany :)

I used a plaster head I already had as base for the masks

I simply did a paper mache-kind of thing with newspapers and woodglue.

basic shape

and molding the exaggerated face



This was the second one


After they dried I cut out the eyes and mouth and cleaned the edges


basic skin-colour

and veeeery exaggerated make-up :P

I added a little "hair" to one of the masks and let everything dry

final result :)

somehow scary...xD

And that's it for this time, stay tuned :)


Greetz,
Clockwork

Sonntag, 18. Mai 2014

Books

Hello!

As I haven't posted in quite a long time, I'll show you a little something I did recently. Bigger projects are on their way, but nothing ready to show yet ;)

We did some different book-binding techniques in school and at home I prettied those "example"-book up a little bit.

A  red one with a "japanese" binding.

I used a leftover piece of brocade-fabric for the cover.

Another one with fabric and a classic binding.

It's thicker than the red one and easier to flip through.


The insides aren't that pretty, but oh well, it was the first try ;)

First two finished. They are both A5 size.

Now for the third, smallest one. Here I used a thick paper to cover the cardboard-cover.

I used wood-glue to fix everything.
Placing it onto the paper...


..and cutting the edges, so it will be easier to fold.

That's how it looks with the paper applied :)

And the finished mini-book!

I forgot what this binding is called....

It's like a leporello-kind of thing with intersections.

All three books :)


All the books got new owners, but if I get some time on my hands, I'll for sure make some more :D

Greetz, Clockwork